First try Fedora 21 Alpha

Today, I update my Fedora 20 to Fedora 21 Alpha on my Laptop.
Some tips are listed here,


  • fedup didn't work for me as it is always complains "Couldn't get boot images".
    I am not luck to fix it today. So I switch to fedora-upgrade and yum ones.
    It works.
  • Commands I used to do the upgrade, before that I disabled all the third party repositories.

          # fedora-upgrade 
# yum update yum  
# yum clean all  
# yum --releasever=21 distro-sync 

  •  I removed some packages for example vlc-core and etc, they are prompted as yum --releasever can not resolve the package dependence when run it.
  • Update to now, there is no big issue for me and Gnome 3.13.9 is pretty good, but some gnome-shell extensions are not compatible with the new shell.
  • I didn't have the compatible issue with Google Chrome Stable version from google's official repository. Someone reported the libgcrypto compatible issue before.
    I think the guys just fixed it. :-)
  • One more question, The mail list in Evolution didn't apply the Dark Theme color correctly. I got the black text in Mail list view. 
  • More update come later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RPM Build Tips!

关于.rpmnew和.rpmsave文件

Linux block device commands